Guide to the SGA
What are All those Points of Stuff?
What is a point of order?
- The purpose of a point of order is to correct a breach in the rules.
- You cannot second a point of order.
- Point of orders are not debatable
- They cannot be reconsidered.
- Used to acknowledge improper procedure.
- Not having quorum
- Making a motion while one motion is already on floor.
- This is a procedure to obtain information.
- Also, it can be used to ask a question about SGA business.
- Used to clarify a motion on the floor.
- If you do not completely understand a motion on the floor, call for a point of clarification and it will be cleared up for you.